Cheers for the reply,

I had feared as such! I didn't want to have to code two different apps
(windows or linux), or at best have large block of code around a few
cases base on the result of sys.platform.

The system is based on Windows at the moment, but I would of liked to
have produced a version on Linux for evaluation purposes.

Thanks again, I'll look up the SID and Token you mentioned.

Wesley Brooks