Luke Paireepinart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:02:19
-0600 wrote: > Kent Johnson wrote:
> Kent et. al.,
>
> I'm writing something that has to do with sockets.
> I need to recv any incoming packets from the socket.
> I will have potentially hundreds of separate sockets open in a single
> application.
> I was just going to create a thread for each, so I could receive from
> them separately.
>
> Alternately, I figured I could read from each socket in sequence if I
> could get the recv method to not block until it gets input,
> so I tried this,
 <snip>

> Thanks,
> -Luke
Use "import select" and read about it for more information (i.e.
help(select) within Python shell).

I advice you (and others interested in writing Python code dealing
with sockets) *very strongly* to read the following:
        http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/sockets/

(Currently, I'm having trouble accessing that URL. I don't know if
it's my ISP or the the site is down.)
I hope that helps.
Ziyad.