On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, scott wrote:

>       now that I have a very basic understanding of Python I would like to
> take a look at programming in a GUI.  Which GUI is generally the easiest
> to learn?

As between Tkinter and wxPython, I started on Tkinter, but have been won
over to wxPython, although I've only played with it so far.  The problem
with wxPython is that it's poorly documented, but there's a book out on it
now that you should beg, borrow or steal if you plan on using it.

Lessee: "wxPython in Action," see http://www.wxpython.org/

There's a lot of tutorials on Tkinter, but none worked very well for me,
probably because it's such a shift in approach to think in a GUI-like way.
The big advantage of Tkinter is that it's already distributed with Python,
so you already have it installed.

I've heard good things about PythonCard (which is built on top of
wxPython) but never tried it.  http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/