maybe dis is what you want to do. Ijust made some changes to the code.

On 7/17/07, max baseman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hello all sorry to bother I'm working on my first curses program ive
> been wanting to learn curses for a while now and now that a have a
> lop top with fedora core running in run level 3 ware im trying to
> program all the tools i'll use but curses will be my only gui ALAN
> has been helping me with this program
>
> import curses
> from time import sleep
> scr=curses.initscr()
> population=0
> seconds=0
> try:
>      scr.nodelay(1)
>      scr.leaveok(0)
>      max_y, max_x = scr.getmaxyx()
>      while 1:
>          sleep(1)
>          second=seconds=+1

         population=population+2.5
>          scr.addstr(0,0,"seconds",seconds)

            scr.addch,max_y/2, max_x/2, str(population)[0]
            scr.refresh()

> finally:
>      curses.endwin()
>

> depending on ware i run this i get different results on may mac OSX
> 10.4 i only get a wired second thing in the top left corner that
> looks like this secooes
>
> and when i run this on fedora core 6 i get the seconds word in top
> left but no number and i get a single digit in the midle that changes
> i think the single digit is part of population but not all i cant
> find out what is wrong
>

> any help would be great :)

Alejandro Varas G.
T.N.S. en Redes de Computadores.
http://alej0varas.googlepages.com
+56984350861
import curses
from time import sleep
scr=curses.initscr()
population=0
seconds=0
try:
	scr.nodelay(1)
	scr.leaveok(0)
	max_y, max_x = scr.getmaxyx()
	while 1:
		sleep(1)
		seconds += 1
#second  should be seconds whit an "s"
	        population += 2.5

#if you want seconds to be printed on the screen do this
	        scr.addstr( 0,0,"seconds %d" % seconds )

#and here you do a big mistake, you forget the ()
	        scr.addstr( max_y/2, max_x/2, str(population) )

	        scr.refresh()
finally:
	curses.endwin()