wesley chun wrote:
>> Another resource is the local used-book stores. $40-$50 programming
>> books for $4-$5. They may have some highlighting or underlining,
>> but that doesn't usually make the content suffer. Often they'll
>> have the CD or floppy disk in the back cover.
>
> you can also check out http://half.com as well as eBay for popular books.

When I was putting together my "To Buy" list of Python books, I came across an
online store with some great prices on new books.  On my list, the discounts
were $15 to $20 off of the direct price from the publisher (not counting $3 off
Python Pocket Reference); their address is:  http://www.bookpool.com

I have yet to do business with them, but their 6 Month Rating on Reseller
Ratings is 10/10 and their Lifetime Rating is 9.02/10.  I feel I should also
note that the discounts I mentioned were for the latest edition of each book on
my list.

-Robert