On 9/19/07, Ulrich Holtzhausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't seem to figure out how to fix it, also, if there's a shorter way
> of doing this effectively, please help :) .

Instead of a keys in a dict, you should think about making a financeRecord
class to hold the data. Don't worry about methods at first, just use it to
hold your data if nothing else:

class financeRecord:
     def __init__(self):
         self.hourlyRate= float(raw_input("Hourly rate: "))
self.overtimeMult = float(raw_input("By which sum is your rate multiplied
for overtime hours? "))
         #etc

financeLogs = {}
myDetails = None
options = raw_input((menu))
while options != 'quit':
    if options == 'details':
       myDetails = financeRecord()
    else
       #whatever else you're doing....

Unless there is some really good reason you need text keys, this is a lot
more natural.

         --Michael

--
Michael Langford