Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
>Are From: To: Date: and Subject: mandatory in the contents of the

>email(text)?  Do I have to put "real" address in  From when calling

>sendmail()? And in the contents?
Here's the page I used to learn on this subject.
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/article.php?story=20040822174141155

I'm definitely not a pro in this area, so what comes next are merely
assumptions made after toying around a bit.
I don't believe the From, To, Date, Subject are required, but if you play
around sending some test messages to yourself, you'll see that excluding
them makes the message look very suspicious. As far as using your real
address, that might depend on your email server...but yes, you can most
likely spoof other addresses. Please use this for good, not evil.

-Justin Cardinal