Kent Johnson wrote:
> Hans Fangohr wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> thanks to everybody who replied to my question.
>>
>> On 15 Dec 2007, at 16:34, Kent Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
>
>> What is the recommended method to make such a suggestion to the python
>> team, or the people who look after the logging module?
>
> You could post a feature request (possibly including a patch or
> suggested implementation) to the Python bug tracker:
> http://www.python.org/dev/patches/
>
> You could contact the developer directly via the feedback link here:
> http://www.red-dove.com/python_logging.html
>
> You could start a discussion on comp.lang.python.
>
> Note: when I was researching my original answer I found a thread about a
> similar problem with shelve. The discussion was not sympathetic to the
> OP for two reasons:
> - in general it's difficult to determine if the same file is being
> opened twice
> - it is trying too hard to protect the programmer against himself.
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/4aafd9a8192cfbe7/5803ea195210a28f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=open+file+twice#5803ea195210a28f

Why should it be all or nothing. Couldn't the programmer indicate that
both handlers use the same file? For example if instead of pointing to a
file the formatter points to another formatter then it is using the same
file of the pointed formatter.
Then both your points would be answered and the module would be a little
bit better (I don't think I'll ever need that feature as I believe that
a log should have all it's lines in the same format).