Hi.    I wrote a python script that goes through a specified directory and
returns a list of all the files that haven't been modified since a certain
date.  I was hoping to be able to then continue with the program to bring up
dos, and zip, then move the files (to my external hard drive). I have Windows
XP. I don't know if it's okay to ask about Dos in python mailing list, so I
hope it's alright.  Here is my program, I don't know if there are any
formatting rules for posting programs, so I hope this will sufice.import os,
sys, timedef earlierThan (path, year, exclude=[]):    all = []    walk =
os.walk(path)    for root, dirs, files in walk:        for i in files:
  try:                if (time.localtime(os.path.getmtime(root + "\\" + i))[0]
< year                and doesNotHave(exclude, root)) :
all.append(root + "\\" + i)            except OSError:  #I think that I might
need a more specific error message, as this one would handle something
                                   #That's not necessarily a broken file name.
(I got one of them when I ran it).                print root + "\\" + i + " was
not included in the list"    return all
def doesNotHave(exclude, root):    for x in exclude:        if
root.startswith(x) > -1:            return False    return TrueI've had little
experience with dos.  I believe I should use the COMPACT, and then the MOVE dos
command... Would it go something like this?g = earlierThan("G:\My Documents",
2007, ["Music"])for x in g:
     os.system("COMPACT /F " + x)
     os.sytem("MOVE " + x + " " + "H:\Backup")Thanks