Tiger12506 wrote:

> I like things to be explicit, and don't care for the level of
> abstraction common in MVC. I know it seems naive, but I like to be able to
> model object designs after tangible things, and to me, a View does not know
> how to keep a state or execute methods because it does not exist. A
> Controller does not exist alone of the model, and without the view it fails
> to work.

I agree that this is a naive view, for the same reason I objected to
Alan's "find the nouns" approach to OO design. For me considerations of
cohesion, encapsulation, DRY, testability, and any required reuse or
flexibility are far more important to design than correspondence with
tangible objects.

Kent