On Jun 10, 2008, at 4:07 AM, Sean Novak wrote:

I'm looking for the perfect IDE, preferably open source. I've installed Bluefish, which I find to be a little buggy still. I'm just starting to dive into emacs, which I feel is a little daunting. If someone has tried a few different IDEs and found the one that they love.. I'd be interested in your insight!

Pydev and Eclipse are an industrial strength solution.  You get
a full integrated IDE:

- An editor with spell checking, syntax highlighting, code completion,
templates, etc.
- An integrated visual debugger.
- Outline navigators
- Remote debugging.
- Refactoring support
- Navigation tools like 'go to definition'
- Revision control integration with just about every revision control
system on the planet.
- Unit test runner
- Interactive python execution
- Job management via Mylar plugin
- SQL editing via SQLExplorer plugin
- HTML/XML/Javascript development plugins
- Run external tools from within the IDE
- To do lists
- Multi-language development
- etc.

- Jeff Younker - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -