At 06:50 AM 6/11/2008, John Chandler wrote:
Why not have python copy the text to the clipboard for you? You will need the win32 packages, which is hardly a turnoff since they are so useful.

import win32clipboard
win32clipboard.OpenClipboard()
win32clipboard.EmptyClipboard()

win32clipboard.SetClipboardText(text)
win32clipboard.CloseClipboard()

Python puts it on the clipboard for use for you! I trump the above '5 steps' and even '1 step' with 0 steps! I hope this helps. (Remember to close the clipboard, I forgot when I was first trying to come up with this and it does not work if the clipboard remains open. Thanks goes to Bob Gailer and his 2003 post for the syntax reminder)

Very interesting! Thank you.

Dick