"kinuthiA muchanE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

From the forward slashes in the file path I assume you are
using a Linux based OS

you need to to start the terminal or the shell. In Ubuntu, go to Main
Menu ==> Accessories and click on Terminal, you will now have a new
window open with something like this --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ .

Enter the name "python" followed by the name of your file.

Or more commonly add a first line like:

#! /path/to/python/executable

Then you can simply make the file executable and run it by typing its name

$ threeplusfour.py

or double clicking it in your favourite file manager GUI tool.

See the topic "Add a Little style" in my tutorial,  in the box
Note for Unix users
for more details.

--
Alan Gauld