"W W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

Testing your example, Alan, you have it defaulted to "delete",
correct? That's where the "not confirmation" part comes in? I just
tried it in a simple function:

Correct. Purely an arbitrary choice.

def confirm(iput):  #I wasn't sure if input was "reserved"

input is a builtin function so you can use the name OK
but it will hide the function so is not a good idea.

That's something I didn't expect at first, mainly because I'm not used
to setting up that sort of input (but it makes sense to do it that
way).

Its just another form of user friendliness.
Actually I wouldn't use a default approach on anything thats potentially destructive - like deleting files - but for other applications its a useful
device.

--
Alan Gauld