At 03:27 AM 8/2/2008, Andre Engels wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] the function needs to be so complex. And also, I suppose
> I've reinvented the wheel (again). Please instruct me.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] list comprehension.

Well, list comprehension does indeed seem the solution to your
problem, although a single list comprehension would not be necessary.
I came to http://py77.python.pastebin.com/m4dcbb34f (note: this is
untested, I have no Python on the computer I am working on now), or
http://py77.python.pastebin.com/f76ba5002 to indeed just use a single
list comprehension (or rather, two nested list comprehensions, again
untested for the above reason).

You genius! How could you answer so quickly and accurately (20 minutes!) without access to Python?

Both of your scripts work, after I corrected one typo. See <http://py77.python.pastebin.com/f7b6e51e8>.

Thanks!

Dick Moores