Dinesh B Vadhia wrote:
I want to remove whole numbers from text but retain numbers attached to words. All whole numbers to be removed have a leading and trailing space. For example, in "the cow jumped-20 feet high30er than the lazy 20 timing fox who couldn't keep up the 865 meter race." remove the whole numbers 20 and 865 but keep the 20 in jumped-20 and the 30 in high30er. What is the best to do this using re? Dinesh

>>> text = "the cow jumped-20 feet high30er than the lazy 20 timing fox who couldn't keep up the 865 meter race."

>>> ' '.join(i for i in text.split() if not i.isdigit())
"the cow jumped-20 feet high30er than the lazy timing fox who couldn't keep up the meter race."

HTH