New to python and programming. This works but I don't like the way it is set up. I would like to have a simple menu like;
[code]
def options():
   print \
       'p' Print Options
       'l' Login
       'c' Create account
       'q' Quit
   """

options()

def choice():
   choice = "p"
   while choice != "q":
   choice = raw_input("Options: ")
       if choice == "p":
       print options()

       if choice == "l":
       login()

           if choice == "c":
               newlogin()

           if choice == "q":
               sys.exit(0)

           else:
              print "That option does not exsist!"
              choice = raw_input("Option: ")
choice()
[/code]

But I can't get it to work, I can't get past;
[code]
for row in rows:
[/code]

Works but I don't like that you have to try to login first, would like it to give you the option to;

login
create account
print menu
exit

[code]
import sys
import MySQLdb
import MySQLdb.cursors

conn = MySQLdb.Connect(
       host='localhost', user='root',
       passwd='atlantic', db='python', compress=1,
       cursorclass=MySQLdb.cursors.DictCursor)

cursor = conn.cursor()
cursor.execute("SELECT * FROM login")
rows = cursor.fetchall()
cursor.close()
conn.close()
username = raw_input("Enter your username (q to exit): ")
password = raw_input("Enter your password (q to exit): ")

for row in rows:

   if username == row['username'] and password == row['password']:
       print "Hello", username
       sys.exit(0)

else:
   r = raw_input("Login failed, do you want to create an account? [y/n]")
   if r != 'y' : sys.exit(0)

newname = ""
data = []
newname = raw_input("Please enter a username: ")
newpw = raw_input("Please enter a password: ")
tuple = (newname, newpw)
data.append(tuple)
db = MySQLdb.connect(
       host="localhost",
       user="root",
       passwd="atlantic",
       db="python")
cursor = db.cursor()

cursor.executemany(
       "INSERT INTO login (username, password)VALUES (%s, %s)", data)
[/code]

--
Have Fun,
David A.