Sander Sweers wrote:
Hi,

What is the better way to process data in a list?

Depends on what you mean by "better". Could mean faster, smaller, more readable, or ?? Get clear on your goals.

Make the changes in place, for example

somelist = [1,2,3,4]

for x in range(len(somelist)):
    somelist[x] = somelist[x] + 1

Or would making a new list like

somelist = [1,2,3,4]
newlist = []

for x in somelist:
    newlist.append(x + 1)

Or is there another way of doing this kind of things. Pointers to
online resources are most welcome :-)

Take a look at Numerical Python http://numpy.scipy.org/, which works much like APL:

>>> /print a/

[1 2 3]

>>> /print a + 3/

[4 5 6]

--
Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC 919-636-4239

When we take the time to be aware of our feelings and needs we have more satisfying interatctions with others.

Nonviolent Communication provides tools for this awareness.

As a coach and trainer I can assist you in learning this process.

What is YOUR biggest relationship challenge?