Jojo, am reading your problem correctly?

If you have (for example) x=2 and y=4, you want the database to return functions like x+2, 2x and 3x-2? (I know this is probably much simpler than the actual functions you'll be using).

And you the want to use those functions in your code?

@list: pickle?

---
Richard "Roadie Rich" Lovely
Part of the JNP|UK Famille
www.theJNP.com

(Sent from my iPod - please allow me a few typos: it's a very small keyboard)