tchomby wrote:
I have an idea for a python program I want to write. I want to make this program accessible over the web for people to play with. And that's where I'm stuck -- I don't know what module, framework, protocol, or whatever to use to webify it.

It's a simple text-based program, the interaction would work perfectly in a terminal with the computer printing out lines of text to the user, and the user typing in lines of text and pressing return, and this is the kind of interaction I want to enable on a web page.

Can anyone point me in the direction I should be looking, if I want to implement this kind of interaction over the net using python? I'm aware of CGI and HTML forms and the python modules for it, but I think that would require the entire page to be reloaded every time there's an input or output. So am I looking at ajax, javascript, etc.? I'm a little bit lost, not knowing what's available out there.

See http://code.google.com/p/pythoninthebrowser/.

I'm looking for simplicity and ease of use for a python programmer.
--
Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC 919-636-4239