"Olivier Roger" <olivier.ro...@student.uclouvain.be> wrote

I have a question concerning the use of python to make web application. I don't know if it is possible. I would like to create an applet capable of using the client smardcard (with pyscard/pyCrypto module) reader to read and
display the contained data on the page.

I already have a simple python application that does it. My question is the
following: Is it possible to port it into an applet?

Let me check my understanding...

This existing application runs on the same computer as the card
reader, right? Presumably it is doing some kind of low level OS
calls to read the hardware? If that's the case you probably couldn't
use an applet even if you could write it since the applet wouldn't
normally be able to access the local PCs hardware - way too
much security risk!

If on the other hand the card reader is on a server then you don't
need an applet you need a web app on the server that calls your
existing application then displays the result as a web page.

Does that help?

--
Alan Gauld