Le Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:50:01 -0800,
Wayne Watson <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> a écrit :

> That's something for me to ponder, setattr. I'd rather not go off and pick up
> on something like ConfigParser at this stage. I'd like to keep this code
> somewhat simple and easy to understand, but yet have some flexibility for
> changes.

Dicts are very handy because they are still starightforwardly usable when a
name/key is unknown at design time, in addition to the value:

d["foo"] = val
d[name] = val

A typical use is precisely reading data from a config file where both names and
values are data, meaning defined by the user. So that you cannot directly store
them in a custom config object writing:

config.name = val

Setattr addresses this need:

setattr(config,name,val)

So that finally using an object or a dict are more or less equivalent, rather a
programmer choice.
* dict is slightly easier
* object allows slightly lighter code (obj.name vs obj["name"]) and a syntax
better consistent with the rest of python
* additionnal data attibutes, custom behaviour

Denis

------
la vida e estranya