Wayne,

I think I do the opposite of what you are doing. I develop in Python on a Linux (Ubuntu 8.10) box. On that box, I also run a virtual copy of Windows XP in its own little happy environment. That way, when my XP customers have a problem, I drop into the desktop environment running XP and we are off and running.

From the gist of your comment, you want to run Linux from within your Windows OS? Well, given the miracle of Virtual Memory, you can do that. Download the Xvm Virtual Memory (free) package from Sun and install it on your Windows system. Then, allocate a Linux system under the auspices of VM and you are off and running.

Hope this is of some help.

Robert Berman

Wayne Watson wrote:
The Subject contains the interest here. Can it be done? I think it this case it requires executing the program command line with parameters then executing it? How dependent upon the C compiled code is this? That is, I would think various distributions of Linux might produce different executable code. The too I would want to do this in Win. Is there, in fact, some Linux environment in Win that would allow me to test its executable?

             (121.01 Deg. W, 39.26 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)****

                “Life is one damn thing after another."