Hi all,

This is my first post to this tutor list, so I hope you'll all get this
message :). I've bought last year a book on python programming (Learning
python from O'Reilly) to get started with python. I'm wanting to learn
python for two purposes: learning some webdevving (with django?) and being
able to write some smaller programs.

Now since I've got the learning python book I first did a quick read trough
it and now I'm going more slowly trough it and doing all the explained
things (in the interactive prompt). I do understand the basics behind OOP
and I'm wanting to start some smaller projects using the book as a reference
to get my hands on python. It seems to me that it's better to learn it with
smaller projects (and evolving with those).

But I really don't know what smaller projects would be good to start on as
beginner. I've got some ideas but those are more advanced (making a mpd
client, some website ideas).

I hope you can give me some starting projects to learn python :).

Thanks in advance,
Evert