"Serdar Tumgoren" <zstumgo...@gmail.com> wrote
Aha, okay, the multiple classes approach makes sense.  But would these
be nested classes,

No although they would probably have attributes containing
the related lists. Thus Race might have a list of Candidates.
And Candidate would have a list of Committees etc.

perhaps inheriting attributes from their parent
classes? E.g.:

I do not think any of these meet the criteria for inheritance. None of them "is a" kind of any of the others.

class Race

   class Candidate

       class Committee

           class Filing

I don;t like the use of Filing for a class name, it sounds like a collection and in Python we don;t usually need to crteate collection classes, we can just use a standard collection type. Maybe File would be better although it could be confused with a comuter file... Maybe Record would be best?

HTH

Alan G.