On 2009-08-06 15:49:35 -0400, Wayne <sri...@gmail.com> said:

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:33 PM, pedro <pedrooconn...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi I am rendering image sequences on a basic render farm that I am
building. Once all the files in the sequence have been rendered I would like
to make a quicktime of the sequence automatically. The problem I am having
is that if one of the computers on the farm is rendering slow the quicktime
gets made before all the files are rendered.

The variable below called "theNumberOfImages" is the actual # of images
that have been rendered which is working fine.
The variable below called "theNumberOfFrames" is the total # of images that
are supposed to be rendered. What I am trying to do but am not sure how is
to say:
As soon as theNumberOfImages is equal to or greater than theNumberOfFrames,
render the quicktime.

Here is my very bad solution

if theNumberOfImages <= theNumberOfFrames:
time.sleep(60)
if theNumberOfImages <= theNumberOfFrames:
time.sleep(60)
if theNumberOfImages <= theNumberOfFrames:
time.sleep(60)
else:
os.system('/Volumes/sgtb/lac/common/temp/theQuicktimeCommandTest.sh')

You really just want a  while loop:

while imagecount >= framecount:
    time.sleep(60)

# Call script here

I guess that's the easiest way. Probably not the most effective, but I'm not
sure if the implementation of an alternate solution would be worth the cost.

HTH,
Wayne

pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:pedrooconn...@gmail.com";>pedrooconnel=
e=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; =
padding-left: 1ex;">

Hi I am rendering image sequences on a basic render farm that I am building=
. Once all the files in the sequence have been rendered I would like to mak=
e a quicktime of the sequence automatically. The problem I am having is tha=
t if one of the computers on the farm is rendering slow the quicktime gets =
made before all the files are rendered.<br>

The variable below called &quot;theNumberOfImages&quot; is the actual # of =
images that have been rendered which is working fine.<br>
The variable below called &quot;theNumberOfFrames&quot; is the total # of i=
mages that are supposed to be rendered. What I am trying to do but am not s=
ure how is to say:<br>
As soon as theNumberOfImages is equal to or greater than theNumberOfFrames,=
 render the quicktime.<br>
Here is my very bad solution<br>
if theNumberOfImages &lt;=3D theNumberOfFrames:<br>
 =A0 time.sleep(60)<br>
 =A0 if theNumberOfImages &lt;=3D theNumberOfFrames:<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 time.sleep(60)<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 if theNumberOfImages &lt;=3D theNumberOfFrames:<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 time.sleep(60)<br>
else:<br>
 =A0 os.system(&#39;/Volumes/sgtb/lac/common/temp/theQuicktimeCommandTest.s=
 Call script here<br>

t I&#39;m not sure if the implementation of an alternate solution would be =

Hi Wayne, but if I do it that way won't it create an infinite loop if the images don't all render?
Pete