On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 11:26 -0500, Wayne wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a program written in python + pygtk and I'm trying to figure
> out what would be the best way to distribute my program. I've googled
> all over and I find lots of build scripts, the py2exe utility...
>

> It just seems that they're either extremely complicated for what I
> need (which means I could write my own installer in the time it would
> take me to learn these), or produce massive files (in the case of
> py2exe).
>

> Does anyone know of any guides/resources, or are these my best bet?

I am a fellow learner here, and will follow this thread with very much
interest. Just in case you don't know this already: I am considering
bytecode instead of executable with PyInstaller
(http://www.pyinstaller.org/). I have not tinkered with it yet, though,
so I do not have "first hand impressions" to share. From a review of the
features:

Main Pro's:
- Compact resulting files.
- Cross-platform.
- Flexible licensing scheme.

Main Con:
- Support for 2.6 is not yet fully functional.

Best luck!
Mac.