There are a few projects attempting something like this, but it is not easy to
get a language like Python running on the minimalist resources found in a
microcontroller.  Google "python microcontroller" (without the quotes).. you
could also try the plural form to see if that brings up other hits.  In the
best case, you are going to have a limited subset of the language in some
way, I'm sure.

There is a fairly mature gcc toolchain for the Atmel AVR microcontrollers, so
you can also use that.  At least for straight C, I dunno about C++, Fortran,
Objective C, Ada, or the others.

Cheers