Hello Vishwajeet,

On 09/16/2009 11:21 PM, vishwajeet singh wrote:
Hi,

Below is the content of __init__.py

import sys
from django.core.signals import got_request_exception
from . import log
logger = log._get_logger()

def got_request_exception_callback(sender, **kwargs):
"""Logging all unhandled exceptions."""
     type, exception, traceback = sys.exc_info()
     logger.error(unicode(exception))
got_request_exception.connect(got_request_exception_callback)

My question here is that what does *from . import log* doing I can see a
module name log in the same folder.

The '.' notation is fairly new and also uncommon AFAIK
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#intra-package-references

This import statement is throwing an error ImportError: cannot import
name log.
The reasons it can't import using this 'from . import' notation would be the same as for any other import errors. Check your PYTHONPATH and paste the entire traceback if it still does not work.

cheers,
- steve

--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/