Remember to hit Reply to all

- Forwarding your message onto the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <asteri...@petlover.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Tutor] New to Python
To: sri...@gmail.com

Hi Wayne,

I will try as best to explain what I need to do.

I have a log file. In that log file thre contains text. Something along the
lines of this.

115=WAS
115=GAD
115=TRE

I need to search that log file (thought of using grep) and write each text
after the "=" sign to another text file. So the other text file (call it "*
List*") will contain a list of all the differernt values for 115.

After I have created that, i then need to run a script that will run through
the latest log file and compare the *List *from the log file and any new
115=... values that are not in the* List *text file must be added, vice
versa.

End result is that I want to track and see how many values I can get in the
115=...

The log file is siuated on a different server/machine on my network, so I
want the script to be able to copy the log file from the server to my
machine.

I hope that makes sense.

 Many thanks for your help.