Please always reply-all so a copy goes to the list. I am ccing this to the lists for you.

Ken G. wrote:
I am using Ubuntu 9.04 as my primary OS.  I have Windows XP
installed in the first partition (dual boot).  I have Python
2.6.2 installed on both OS.  The printer is a Cannon MX300.
To print on the envelope, I use Windows Works v4.5 which is
easy to use.  I just learned how to print via Open Office
Writer 3.0.1 which took several hours to do properly.

If it is not possible to print sideways, I understand.

That depends on the software (Windows Works / Open Office) and the printer.

How do you communicate from Python to these programs?

Instead of printing from left to right on the long side of
a #10 envelope, I wish to print sideway, printing from the
left short edge of envelope to its right short edge.

--
Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC