Alan Gauld wrote:
"Ken G." <beach...@insightbb.com> wrote

Is there a Python command to send data to printer?
I have a Canon MX300 hooked up by USB. I can print from Firefox and Thunderbird. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 and Python 2.6.2.

There is no universal easy way to print stuff unfortunately.
In console mode on Unix its not too bad, you can send data
to lpr, just as you would from the shell.

You can also format your data using fmt or groff and send that to lpr as you would from the shell.

That is a surprise! I was so use to using lprint as in Basic. Oh well. I will have to study up on fmt and/or groff.

Would those two commands (fmt, groff) send data to lpr from shell? Is lpr the same hookup for USB port?

Thanks,

Ken