Che M wrote:

Ken,

I would also recommend trying out databases, if you have an interest. I found them a fun new aspect of using Python. I would recommend using SQLite, which very conveniently comes with Python. Alan Gauld's tutorial that you've read part of has a nice section on Working with Databases, and it uses SQLite as the example database management system. Understanding a bit about how to use SQL (the Structured Query Language that most databases use, but which is surprisingly close to English) is also a good thing to learn as you learn about programming generally. I thought it was going to be harder than it turned out to be. It's not bad. Another good helper is http://sqlzoo.net/. What you will want to "Google up on" once you are ready to try to sort your database is "ORDER BY" in the context of SQLite.

Good luck,
Che

That is a surprise to me. I did not know that Python would work with SQLite. I will look into Alan's tutorial on DB. I am getting more and more surprised of what Python can do. Very comprehensive. Thanks all.

Ken