"Wayne Werner" <waynejwer...@gmail.com> wrote

One of Perl's philosophies is that there are more than one way to do one
thing. Python's philosophy is that there really should be one obvious way of doing something. And from my minimal experience with reading Perl code (and a few modifications) and decent experience reading (and modifying) other's Python code, Python is tremendously easier - especially on those new to the
language.

Whiler I would agree Perl fans wouldn't.
Remember Perl's Larry Wall does not coming from a computing background
(as does Guido) but from a Nartural Language backgropund. Thus he
designed Perl to have the natural expressibeness of English including
multiple idioms for saying the same thing. Thus to Perl fans "more than
one way" is the right way!

Programming language choice is a hugely subjective topic.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site