Hmm...that still seems like quite a broad question. Can you be more
specific about which portion you find confusing or unclear?

If not, you might do better by starting with a general programming
text. The top one is a list of texts for beginning programmers,
followed by a few specific links to online texts:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/
http://swaroopch.com/notes/Python

HTH,