On 12/8/2009 10:43 PM, Alan Gauld wrote:

While you should not refactor just for the sake of keeping
line-counts, perhaps you should try the small editor approach. Keep
your editor unmaximized, for around 20 lines, around half a screen.

Hmm, I spent the first 10 years of my programming life using VT100
terminals
with 24 lines max(*), I really don't want to go back there thanks!  :-)

Whoaa... who puts 20 there!! A doppelganger of me? Ignore that. Half a screenful would be more than 20 lines even with laptop widescreen.