Hello Eike,

thanks for the explanation, all this is really helpful -- I certainly have learned sth. today! I wonder, though, how I would get my number pairs, which I need later on, if I were to follow your solution. I am asking because as I understand your code, the list terms is a list of integers here, but not of x,y pairs, right? (I can see that this was a problem of my code right from the start, btw.)

David