I'm looking a 1800+ line someone else wrote. It uses one large dialog for menus, and has a large area for images. A few menus open small dialogs, for example, to enter a file name. The File menu has an exit choice. The only other exit is the x in the upper right corner of the large dialog. I'm pretty sure that menu is coded to quit via a shoft def in the program.

def Quite(self)
   self.running = False
   self.master.quit()

I see no other code to quit. If I use Exit, the program does not quite. If I then use the x, it quits and the shell script is left open for a command. Any ideas why Quit doesn't work? It's accessible via a
self.mainMenu.add_command(.. command=self.Quit)
I had not turned the program loose by using a menu or touching any controls.

If I cause the program to print to the shell, and then use x to exit that it hangs the shell. Why? When I x the shell, it tells me the prog is running. Do I want to kill it. Yes,kills the shell window.

The above seem abnormal to me. Comments?

--
"Crime is way down. War is declining. And that's far from the good news." -- Steven Pinker (and other sources) Why is this true, but yet the media says otherwise? The media knows very well how to manipulate us (see limbic, emotion, $$). -- WTW