thanks
let me clear you that what i am trying to do
suppose we hav a input string and a dict
our_dict={'a':'u', 't':'a', 'c':'g', 'g':'c'}
input_string='atcg'

now what i wana do is that where ever we are having 'a' i wana replace it with
'u', 't' with 'a' and so on
i tried using input_string.replace('a', 'u')
but it is replacing only one character
i wana replace these 4 characters according to the dictionary

i hope it is now clear

kindly let me know how to proceed now