Kent Johnson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:59 AM, C.T. Matsumoto <c.t.matsum...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Tutors,

Can someone point me to any resources that can teach me about algorithms in
python?

I'm interested in learning how to analyze and make an algorithm.

I have been reading The Algorithm Design Manual
http://www.algorist.com/

I find it more readable than Cormen, et al.

But is that what you are asking for, or are you trying to sharpen your
problem-solving skills? Many progamming problems are solved by simple
loops and data structures without explicitly using any algorithms that
you would find in a book such as this.

Kent

I'd say sharpening my problem solving skills. I thought that was often
tied to building an algorithm. The example Walter Prins provided I
thought fit what I was looking for.

Cheers,