(This might be slightly readable. Missed two words.)
This apparently is not quite as easy as the py2exe tutorial suggests when MPL is involved. See <http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/MatPlotLib>. It looks like I have some reading and work to do.

The link came from my post to the MPL list. I hadn't noticed it last night, since it got stuck in my server as spam.