Norman Rieß, 19.02.2010 13:42:
> i am trying to read a large bz2 file with this code:
>
> source_file = bz2.BZ2File(file, "r")
> for line in source_file:
>     print line.strip()
>
> But after 4311 lines, it stoppes without a errormessage. The bz2 file is
> much bigger though.

Could you send in a copy of the unpacked bytes around the position where it
stops? I.e. a couple of lines before and after that position? Note that
bzip2 is a block compressor, so, depending on your data, you may have to
send enough lines to fill the block size.

Does it also stop if you parse only those lines from a bzip2 file, or is it
required that the file has at least the current amount of data before those
lines?

Based on this, could you please do a bit of poking around yourself to
figure out if it is a) the byte position, b) the data content or c) the
length of the file that induces this behaviour? I assume it's rather
unpractical to share the entire file, so you will have to share hints and
information instead if you want this resolved.

Stefan