This thread inspired me to start learning object oriented as well, but it
seems I must be missing something fundamental. If I could get
an explanation of why I am raising the following exception, I would
greatly appreciate it.

I'm getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python31\Lib\COI\Project\test.py", line 8, in <module>
    median = Statistics.stats.median(*a)
  File "C:\Python31\Lib\COI\Project\Statistics.py", line 23, in median
    n = (self.value[m] + self.value[m+1]) / 2
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Module 1:

import Statistics

a = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10]

mean = Statistics.stats.mean(a)
median = Statistics.stats.median(*a)
stdev = Statistics.stats.stdev(*a)
z = Statistics.stats.zscore(5, *a)
print(mean, median, stdev, z)
print()

Module 2:

#!/usr/bin/python
# Filename: Statistics.py

import math
value_list = []
class Statistics:
def __init__(self, *value_list):
self.value = value_list
#self.average = mean(*value_list)
self.square_list= []
 def mean(self, *value_list):
ave = sum(self.value) #/ len(value_list)
return ave

def median(self, *value_list):
if len(self.value) % 2 == 1:
m = (len(self.value) - 1)/2
n = self.value[m+1]
else:
m = len(self.value) / 2
m = int(m)
n = (self.value[m] + self.value[m+1]) / 2
return n
 def variance(self, *value_list):
average = self.mean(*value_list)
for n in range(len(value_list)):
square = (self.value[n] - average)**2
self.square_list.append(square)
var = sum(self.square_list) / len(self.square_list)
return var

stats = Statistics(*value_list)