"laura castañeda" <laura_cast...@hotmail.com> wrote

Hi my name is Laura and im currently trying to solve one of the
challenges in the book: "Python Programming, ...
if u can help me with it. Right now im trying to teach my self
programming and i found the book really useful

Hi feel free to sitgn up to the tutor list, that way your posts will
go through a lot quicker  - and the answers will therefore
come back quicker too :-)

...in the code i was thinking to start with a "while loop"

Your ideas are all good.
Get the data structures/variable set up, then iterate in a while loop
adding and subtracting points from the pool to the character.
Its a little like double entry book-keeping - for every addition
there must be a corresponding subtraction and vice versa

If you have a list of characters you will need a corresponding
list of pools - or associate the pools with the characters - a
dictionary maybe?

Start with one character and try getting the most basic version
running. If you get stuck show us the code plus any error
messages and ask...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site