Hi,

I've downloaded IDLE python for windows.  I've also downloaded Eclipse with
the python addition. I have simple programs that will run on both IDLE and
Eclipse. How do I get more information about a object/variable, such as proc
in the example below.

For example, if I execute the following:
    >>> proc = subprocess.Popen(['C:\\Progra~1\\putty\\plink','Catt'],
                        shell=False)
          I can remote log into our Linux machine named 'Catt'.

How do I find a list of attributes for the object/variable proc?  I've tried
subprocess.__doc__ and subprocess.Popen.__doc__.

Random Googling shows that there are things like process identification
numbers available - such as proc.pid.  How do I find the other options?

Thanks,

Mike