Thank you for specifics.

Please always reply-all so a copy goes to the list.

On 3/30/2010 3:41 PM, Oshan Modi wrote:

I have windows 7 (ultimate), python 2.6.3...
when i try to run the file echoinput.py

Please post a copy of this file.

it doesnt respond to the request

Actually you should say "I don't get the result I expected." Since there is no Windows error message we must conclude that the program ran.

.. and here's what the output is..

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\doggie>python echoinput.py

C:\Users\doggie>

and i have a couple of more files in that folder and when i try to run them this is what the error looks like..

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\doggie>python class.py
python: can't open file 'class.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

C:\Users\doggie>

The message seems pretty self-evident. There is no file named class.py in c:\Users\doggie.

the list does show up when i use IDLE and it is like this
   ******************************
**********************************

IDLE 2.6.3
>>> import sys