On 4/21/2010 8:37 AM Lowell Tackett said...

So, I am setting my self very high standards of accuracy,
simply because those are the standards imposed by the project
I am adapting, and I can require nothing less of my finished project.

Then keep the source data in tenths (or 100ths or 1000ths) as whole numbers and only convert upon presentation and your calculations will always be accurate for the source measurements taken.

In accounting systems I've always keep dollar amounts in whole pennies for this same reason.

Emile