Thankyou for your advice and I will strive to do this.
Sharon

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Tutor] Which Designer
Date:   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:37:15 -0300
From:   Ricardo Aráoz <ricar...@gmail.com>
To:     Sharon <dilly...@gmail.com>

Sharon wrote:
I think you are probably right. The only other sort of programming I
did before I started on python was really 'VBA' and everything was
done with GUI. I think that is what was in my mind. I have started
using Tkinter and it isn't so bad. I just like the idea of having the
visual side of actually seeing the buttons and whistles on the form
ready. I have looked at QT, GTK and wxGlade but it is all more
complicated than 'visual basic' and not at all rad like. So, for now
I'll stick with my book and use Tkinter to get to grips with binding
the widgets to the event handlers.
So maybe a bit of advice. Get your app together as a set of functions
and/or classes (your business layer) that called appropriately will
deliver all the functionality you need. Then whether you call those
functions from a console app, Tkinter, Wxpython, web app, or even a test
suite, will make no difference at all and porting them will be real
easy. Buttons should have no code but a call to a function in your
business layer, grids when instantiated or updated should call a
function in your business layer that should provide the appropriate data
set, etc.