On 05/09/10 02:19, Tino Dai wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
>      My friend and I were having a disagreement about Python. Has Python
> always been an OO language or was it at one point a procedural language like
> C? Thanks!

AFAIK Python has always been a mixed paradigm language. You can write
fully OO code if you want, as well as procedural-style or
imperative-style code (especially handy for quickie-scripts[1]). But as
Bob Gailer pointed out, most OOP languages are build on top of
procedural base, which is itself is build on top of imperative base.

[1] compare to Java, a simple "hello world" must contain a class
declaration, then a 'public stupi^B^B^Batic main', etc. Even C must have
"public main".