I'm using BeautifulSoup to process a webpage. One of the fields has a
unicode character in it. (It's the 'registered trademark' symbol.) When
I try to write this string to another file I get this error:

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 31-32:
ordinal not in range(128)

In the interpreter the  offending string portion shows as: 'Realtors\xc2\xae'.

How can I deal with this single string? The rest of the document works
fine.

--
"Freedom can't be kept for nothing. If you set a high value on liberty,
you must set a low value on everything else." -- Lucius Annaeus Seneca, 65